Monday, April 6, 2009

I didn't come skiing to get sunburnt!

What a day in more ways than one!

Firstly it was the last day of our Race Coach Course.
Thankfully there wasn't quite as much theory to be covered today and we got out on the slopes within an hour i think. This was kinda good and kinda bad cos we had been told yesterday to pick which level we thought we were from a rating system and then pick an exercise to cover and demonstrate to the class.
I though after my abismal day yesterday in the classroom that i should show some effort and not be timid by getting my exercise in first. So i did, i thought it went ok but my assessor didn't do what i asked - while everyone else did - this worried me but i thought he is French Canadian so maybe he didn't understand? Anyway that got that out the way! phew. the plan of going first backfired though when others got away with doing nothing as they had the same drill! Oh well.

We broke for an early lunch and went out again for a ski off after wards to allow our assessor to decide whether we were good enough to pass. After a run of short radius, medium radius and mixed radius turns we hit the griz bar to wait for the enevitaable and get sun burnt in the ridiculous weather - about 14C, as it wasn't worth continuing to ski it was rubbish. Eventually it came to that time and we were handed our results - Whoop Whoop - i passed just Level 2 to do now.

When we returned back to the lodge me and some of the gang hit town in tshirts to do some browsing for hotdog day. The temperature and sunshine is wierd.

We had dinner in a big congregation about 6.30pm and chilled for a bit after that playing games you usually play on the beach in the summer!

Later in the evening me and Marky went down to the river to do some night photography. Wicked, it was nice although only a couple of the photos are worthy.

That brings me to this very point; goodnight peps, speak again soon - i'm into my final week!


0 comments: